How do I resolve QuickBooks error 15271 that occurs during an update?

xijaxo2464
New Contributor

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error 15271 when trying to update payroll or the software. The error message suggests a problem with the update process. I’ve tried restarting QuickBooks and ensuring my internet connection is stable, but the issue persists. Has anyone dealt with QuickBooks Error 15271? What steps or solutions worked for you to fix this error? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

markreo56
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 15271 typically occurs during software updates or installation processes. It indicates a problem with updating QuickBooks files, often due to issues with the update process or conflicting software.

Common Issues:

1. Incomplete Installation: If QuickBooks updates or installations are interrupted, it can trigger Error 15271.
  2. Conflicting Software: Other programs, especially antivirus or firewall software, may block QuickBooks updates.
  3. Corrupted Files: Corrupt installation files can prevent updates from completing successfully.

Solutions:

1. Restart QuickBooks: Close and reopen QuickBooks to restart the update process.
  2. Update QuickBooks Manually: Download and install the latest update manually from the QuickBooks website.
  3. Disable Antivirus/Firewall Temporarily: Turn off any security software that might be interfering with the update and try again.
  4. Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub: Download and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub to diagnose and fix installation issues.

Following these steps should resolve Error 15271 and allow successful updates and installations in QuickBooks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

markreo56
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 15271 typically occurs during software updates or installation processes. It indicates a problem with updating QuickBooks files, often due to issues with the update process or conflicting software.

Common Issues:

1. Incomplete Installation: If QuickBooks updates or installations are interrupted, it can trigger Error 15271.
  2. Conflicting Software: Other programs, especially antivirus or firewall software, may block QuickBooks updates.
  3. Corrupted Files: Corrupt installation files can prevent updates from completing successfully.

Solutions:

1. Restart QuickBooks: Close and reopen QuickBooks to restart the update process.
  2. Update QuickBooks Manually: Download and install the latest update manually from the QuickBooks website.
  3. Disable Antivirus/Firewall Temporarily: Turn off any security software that might be interfering with the update and try again.
  4. Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub: Download and run the QuickBooks Tool Hub to diagnose and fix installation issues.

Following these steps should resolve Error 15271 and allow successful updates and installations in QuickBooks.