Best Way to Scan Packing Lists

gotobrandi
Contributor

Hello,

We are very new to ST. I am looking for help on how other users add the packing slips to their purchase orders. Do you scan the packing slip into your computer and save it in a folder then upload it to ST?

Our old system we could scan directly into where it was saved with the PO in imaging. Which is was very quick and simple. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

So I want to make sure we are speaking the same language here, but in Service Titan for a PO, the package slip would be called the receipt.  You can upload it in Service Titan and get visibility to the packing slip as well as the ability to add comments and have your warehouse staff receive the PO either in full or partially.  Sounds like that process may be a couple of extra clicks versus your old software but ST is working on an inventory app that will also streamline this process by allowing people to use their phone to perform certain inventory actions (hopefully just snap a photo of the packing slip) vs having to run over use the warehouse computer and that is coming soon.  

Element Mist

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamCronenberg

So I want to make sure we are speaking the same language here, but in Service Titan for a PO, the package slip would be called the receipt.  You can upload it in Service Titan and get visibility to the packing slip as well as the ability to add comments and have your warehouse staff receive the PO either in full or partially.  Sounds like that process may be a couple of extra clicks versus your old software but ST is working on an inventory app that will also streamline this process by allowing people to use their phone to perform certain inventory actions (hopefully just snap a photo of the packing slip) vs having to run over use the warehouse computer and that is coming soon.  

Element Mist

Thank you. 

When you are saying upload it you are referring to scanning it, then saving it to your computer then uploading it?  To a company that was used to scanning directly to where you wanted the document to go, those extra clicks seem like a lot. I hope they are getting the new process. 

AdamCronenberg

We snap a picture with the phone and email it to our inventory manager for review and they upload that picture.  Yes, an extra step right now for uploading it to ST, but hopefully that inventory app allows it go get uploaded directly as it sounds like was your workflow with your previous software.

Element Mist