Entering Back Order Items onto same PO number

NordicTMC
New Contributor

Our company is new to Service Titan, and I am having some issues entering back ordered items on purchase orders.  To my knowledge, once I save & export a purchase order, I cannot go back & add another invoice to that same purchase order.  Does anyone else have this issue? What am I supposed to do? The vendors already have our purchase order number which comes on my statements. Creating another purchase order # does not make sense to me nor is it convenient at all. I'm really frustrated, can someone please help with a solution. 

3 REPLIES 3

Dnolin
New Contributor

Are you building the entire purchase order out when creating it with all line items? In this case, you would receive the line items you physically received on receipt #1 (PO#-R1) and then the PO would move from "Sent" to "Partially Received" as you await the unreceived line items on the PO, which are on backorder. 

Now if you are building your PO's as blank, and then waiting on the packing slip or first invoice to fill in line items with full details and cost, then receive the PO, that purchasing practice will definitely cause this issue.

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If items are backordered you shouldn't be fully receiving the PO. Say we have 3 separate line items on the PO, 2 show up but the third is backordered, we receive the 2 and create the bill and export the bill but the PO stays in a partially received status until the third item is received. There is also an option to "rollover items to a new PO" which will add a -001 to the end of your PO #

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

VisionDoorsA
New Contributor II

I agree - we just ran into this issue as well. Changing the number on the existing items makes it really hard to find later. 

Amber van Berkel
Office Manager
Vision Overhead Doors Ltd.