HOW TO SEARCH BY VENDOR PART NUMBER

Gener8tors
New Contributor

We use our own part numbers to deter people from getting our vendor part numbers as most of what we purchase are for certified dealers. Unless we actually put the part number in the description of the part, we cannot search by the part number. I noticed when creating an item it asks specifically for Vendor Part #. There is nowhere in inventory to search for this. When I asked the live help, they said they would pass this on to the product development people as that would be something they would need to "code" in to the software. Does anyone know of a work around other than putting it in with the description only to remove it when invoicing then having to put it back. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @Gener8tors -- there is an "Item Activity Tracking Report" that has the specific metric you're looking for. The Vendor Part can be found in this report as long as you use this field on each specific PO you should be able to pull this data. If you don't want to put it in the description, you could also use the memo to add the vendor part #.

vendor part no.png

Sheena @ NiFT

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gener8tors
New Contributor

ok I will try that. Thank you! I was hoping they could just add the field Vendor Part # to the inventory tab search. we have to access these parts and add to our inventory continuously throughout our day and pulling a report every day seems to be a lot of steps just to find a parts information on the fly. 

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @Gener8tors -- there is an "Item Activity Tracking Report" that has the specific metric you're looking for. The Vendor Part can be found in this report as long as you use this field on each specific PO you should be able to pull this data. If you don't want to put it in the description, you could also use the memo to add the vendor part #.

vendor part no.png

Sheena @ NiFT