Business Units when collecting payments.

CheyenneRPHW
New Contributor

I am hoping this is where I can get an answer.

I receive checks in the mail and when I go to the accounting tab and apply payments, search the invoice number or customer, select the check payment, it is asking me for a "business unit." I then have to go find the job and find what the business unit was. I do this for EVERY payment. Shouldn't Service Titan have the business unit saved? Is there a way to fix this? Is there another way to go about this? It just seems like too many steps, especially when we receive numerous checks each day.., The WORST part is when a customer calls to pay over the phone and they have to wait until I go find what business unit the job was. It's also TERRIBLE when a property management company sends a check for 30+ jobs, do I really have to go find the business unit for EACH job?? Please HELP! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkmullins
New Contributor

On my side, if it's just one invoice it automatically populates.  If there's more than one invoice with multiple business units, you have to choose.  I usually just lump them all together and choose one of the business units.  I'm sure it's not ideal, but it hasn't affected any of my reports thus far.  And sure beats clicking and clicking and clicking.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dkmullins
New Contributor

On my side, if it's just one invoice it automatically populates.  If there's more than one invoice with multiple business units, you have to choose.  I usually just lump them all together and choose one of the business units.  I'm sure it's not ideal, but it hasn't affected any of my reports thus far.  And sure beats clicking and clicking and clicking.