Initial Inventory

Ronan5500
New Contributor

I cannot figure out how to assign my initial inventory count to my items. All the videos say to take the physical count of all items but they do not show where to enter those to begin the initial inventory management. Please help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

do a beginning balance adjustment!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

michael21
Contributor III

To expand on Jessica's post, goto Inventory --> Adjustments.  Click on the down arrow next to the box in the upper right hand corner and download an import template.  That will give you an Excel spreadsheet to make this process easier.  Pick one of the "Beginning Inventory" line items and delete the rest.  Then copy your count information into the template so that all columns are complete.  Again, in inventory --> Adjustments, click the blue arrow and upload your adjustment template to record your counts into ST.  Depending on how good a job you have done in correctly typing your item codes, inventory locations, etc., you may have to make corrections and try the upload again, in some cases multiple times, until everything is right and the system accepts the update.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

michael21
Contributor III

To expand on Jessica's post, goto Inventory --> Adjustments.  Click on the down arrow next to the box in the upper right hand corner and download an import template.  That will give you an Excel spreadsheet to make this process easier.  Pick one of the "Beginning Inventory" line items and delete the rest.  Then copy your count information into the template so that all columns are complete.  Again, in inventory --> Adjustments, click the blue arrow and upload your adjustment template to record your counts into ST.  Depending on how good a job you have done in correctly typing your item codes, inventory locations, etc., you may have to make corrections and try the upload again, in some cases multiple times, until everything is right and the system accepts the update.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

JessicaSmith

Thanks! My late night answer was pretty vague 🤣

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

do a beginning balance adjustment!