Inventory Count feature

SherylBons
New Contributor II

For those using the inventory count feature, I have a few questions:

1- If you do a full truck count and the tech has items not on the list, is the only solution an additional transfer?

2- Who does A B C inventory thresholds?  How did you determine what was A,B, and C inventory?

3- Can I just chose a couple of codes at one location to count?  I can't seem to figure that part out.

4- For those who don't do ABC counting, how often do you count trucks and warehouses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
8 REPLIES 8

AdamCronenberg

You need to have inventory setup and then it should be at the very bottom of the inventory module.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

inventory counts pic.PNG

Element Mist

Is the "Inventory Counts" link discontinued? No one in our company has that link on their system

AdamCronenberg

You have to have the inventory module turned on and I think it is a feature gate.  I would contact your CSM or Support and see if you can get it turned on as it is still very much active.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

HI @SherylBons ,

The truck will only select counts for items that are on the template assigned to that truck.  A workaround is to have the normal truck inventory template with your normally Min/Max replenishment but add all other items that could be on the truck to the template with a 0 MIN/MAX.  That way they will not be on any replenishment but you will be able to enter a count for them because sometimes techs have inventory parts on their truck that they dont normally have replenishment for.  I dont think this scenario was accounted for when creating the counts feature.  Obviously, if you have like 10,000 skus, the pain of having to put a 0 count next to all of those may have you go another route with a simple adjustment from the office, but if it isnt too many, that can help.  

Not sure what you mean by ABC thresholds or inventory, so cant help you there.

For choosing a few codes at one location, you can create a cycle count and pick the items you want to count at that location.  You can generate this off of the full list of on that truck, by an inventory template or other metrics.  

As for how often, we do a big full system inventory once a year and then we do a count of the trucks every time a truck changes hands so we have a fresh start and also have accountability for the technician that took possession of that truck so that in theory we could hold them accountable to making sure their inventory is accurate.  If something falls into negative, we investigate and then do a cycle count of like parts if needed.  Oftentimes, the tech grabbed a similar part but not the part the system had them down as using, so we can catch that with a cycle count.  Hope that helps.

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

Cycle Count.PNG

Element Mist

How do I get to this screen?

AdamCronenberg

Item Selection.PNG

Element Mist