Negative On Hand Quantity on Service Truck

rbachman
New Contributor

We closed a service truck. We transferred the remaining physical inventory back into the Main Warehouse. But the truck inventory in ST showed a number of items with negative on-hand quantities, which cannot be transferred back. What is the best way to remove these negative quantities? If I transfer back into the trucks to zero out the on-hand, there will be an inventory discrepancy in the Main Warehouse.

2 REPLIES 2

rbachman
New Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We ended up doing a transfer from our main  Warehouse to the truck with negative inventory to zero out those quantities. This will create a false lower inventory in the main warehouse as a result. We will recalibrate the phantom main warehouse quantities next quarter when we do a full physical count. 

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

My advice is to perform a physical inventory count on the truck to verify the accuracy of what is on the current service vehicle as it sounds like there are some issues (with a few items being negative) and you want to make sure you arent transferring inaccurate data to your main warehouse.  Once you complete the count and have accurate inventory, you can then transfer what is actually left on that truck to the warehouse and maintain that accuracy.  If you are in a hurry (or have already moved and put the items away where a physical count is now not possible) I would make an adjustment and 0 out those negative items and then transfer the remaining.  Once the Service vehicle is left with 0 inventory in the system, you will be able to deactivate that inventory location.  Good luck and hope that helps!

Element Mist