Purchase Orders more than 365 days old with outstanding quantities still on it.

MHampel
New Contributor

Does anyone have advise on how to clear out old PO'S(365days+), they still have outstanding quantities on them which is holding up the total quantities so the system isn't accurate and it's holding up min/max ability to re-order product?

5 REPLIES 5

KMarshall
New Contributor II

The system flaw of old PO creation dates causing issues has been brought up to ST, and they are not terribly interested in genuinely fixing it, just offering bad/ineffective workarounds. The only fix I've figured out was to keep an eye on older POs, and use the "old" PO number to place a new order/re-order for the outstanding balance of items-or an alternative version of the items. Receiving the invoice of the new order closed the PO fully, and everything exported normally. Mine were less than 365 days old though.

MHampel
New Contributor

After further review the PO will not let me receive against it. It is showing as Pending or already Cancelled.. 

SherylBons
New Contributor II

The advice we got was to receive the PO and then do a return for the same date and value.  I then put both transactions in a bypass batch so they didn't port to QuickBooks.

michael21
Contributor III

Actually, we have had this problem as well.  If you speak to your CSM, there is an option available that will open up PO's that are more then 365 days old.  They don't like using it, but push and they will do it.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

tsmith_j
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You might see if ST Support can change the Created On date on the back end, to within the last 365 days, which would allow you to edit the PO.