Vendor Partners

Jeffphill01
New Contributor II

Good Morning All,

Again, I am new to all of this so I apologize in advance for any asked and answered questions I may post but as I'm sure with a lot of you in here I am basically learning on my own.

The question I have can you use any vendor when creating PO's/Orders or are there specific Partner vendors that ST uses? I just contacted one of the vendors that we use for Plumbing Parts (ordered through the owner account via vendor site) and I might as well have been speaking a foreign language. I'm trying to set up basically a test vendor/PO as this would be our first order. Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

gotobrandi
Contributor

My apologies; now I understand. Unfortunately it may be that tedious. I will follow up tomorrow with our main purchaser just to make sure. We also use SupplyHouse (great prices!) and yes we do email PO in ST then go back in and have to receive when it arrives etc. Then we have to use a cc for payment so yes it is a lot. But I will see if our purchaser has any quicker insight on this.

Jeffphill01
New Contributor II

I guess what I am asking is email the only way to send a vendor a PO/Order when you set up the vendors? Seems like an awful slow process if no one if monitoring them and most ordering is completed on vendors website now. 

gotobrandi
Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to Service Titan! We create our vendors based on who we are ordering parts/materials from. Then we can use this to compare when our order arrives, and also make sure you tie it to the job it will be used for so it puts the expenses on that job. Then you can easily see job costing. 

Thank You

I understand that part however are the vendors already compatible with ST? In other words, if I have a vendor say for instance Supplyhouse.com from which I get probably 85-90% of my plumbing fixtures/materials from and I set them up in the vendor section how do the PO's I create for Supplyhouse get to them to ship?  I spoke to them today and they had no clue to what ST was or what I was trying to accomplish.