Tasks on jobs being doubled.

michael21
Contributor III

We have encountered what appears to be a bug in the mobile ap in that under certain circumstances, tasks are doubled and the total job amount shown on the tablet is wrong.  This occurs when a job is created from one of multiple estimates.  If the customer decides to purchase other estimates before a tech arrives on the job, we can just generate the sold estimate onto the existing job and everything works fine.  If, however, the customer makes that decision after the tech has checked into the job, the system will no longer allow the sold estimate to be put on that job.  In that case, we would just add the sold tasks to the job manually and have the tech refresh his tablet.  Unfortunately, the refreshed screen shows the added tasks twice, so that if you add two tasks with a total value of $300, to a job currently valued at $150, the tablet would show a $600 increase in the job and expect the tech to collect $750, instead of the $450 that it should show.  The office side does not have this problem, and shows the value of the job correctly.  This will also happen if the tech, while on-site, generates an estimate for other work.  When he has presented the estimate, unless the customer approves right then and he selects the “Do the job now” option, if the customer elects to accept the additional work before he leaves, the tasks will be duplicated when they are added.  I know that we could create another job from the estimate, but the tech is already on-site and on this job.  If we create another job, he will have to complete the first and then dispatch immediately to the second, which seems like a pretty inefficient process.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)
1 REPLY 1

baraica
Former Titan

Hi Michael, I think in this case I do encourage you to reach out to support for further troubleshooting. Tasks should not be duplicating when you add them to the invoice. but I think that if you open a ticket with our support team you may be able find the discrepancy or they will be able to report a bug on our end, 

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team