What is the best way for the technicians to collect model & serial numbers in Service Titan?

jordan_n
New Contributor

7 REPLIES 7

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

I have my technicians take pictures of the ID plates on the equipment, and then the team in the office enter itto the customer profile under equipment. That way you have redundancy with the picture also being on the job.

ml05
New Contributor II

Sorry about that haha I went back in and changed it to "can"

jordan_n
New Contributor
They can doodle on the pictures? Or can t? Really appreciate the help.

ml05
New Contributor II

They can "doodle" on the photos and write which unit is for where

jordan_n
New Contributor
Thank you! What if a customer has 3-6 units? How do you determine what pictures are for each floor?

ml05
New Contributor II

take pictures, they can also add the equipment themselves

jsparrow
New Contributor III

The simplest is to just have them take pictures and add the numbers you need in their tablet...the hard part is getting them to do this consistently.

We used forms to do this...It basically is a form that is attached/triggered to certain tasks (the most likely tasks where we would be adding this info) and it has to be filled out before they can close the job out in the tablet.

The form is not the place we really want them to type in the info but the form is a reminder of sorts telling them to gather all this info. They are required to answer a question saying "yes" they did collect this info.

Its not fool proof but does get you about 85% more than you would get otherwise.