HELP - Setting up Marketing page without having Marketing Pro

SammiStallings
New Contributor

I am having problems getting help on this issue. We have multiple Business units within our ST account & we are trying to test out the new SMS Recurring Services with one of our Business Units since its also a different company. When I click on the main Marketing tab it is trying to get me to set up all this information but it doesn't allow me to select which business unit. It is making me put in an "overall" company information. This is a little difficult because we technically have more than one Business in our account. How can I set this up where it doesn't affect the account as a whole?  

3 REPLIES 3

aaronwatters
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey Sammi!

That's a conundrum, are the business units/companies completely separated out operationally? We have coached a client on creating a parent entity that encompasses each individual business, but they had direct synergy across the businesses. We've also seen use cases where it makes sense to create a separate ST account, but I'd want to ask ST about that.

Can you provide any additional context about the companies?

Aaron Watters, Leadhub

Yes, We have 5 total BU. We have 3 BU that are different locations for our plumbing company. We have 1 BU that is our sister company that is Water Cleanup and we have another BU that is a complete different company itself and that is a Whole house water filter company. 

aaronwatters

Interesting conundrum (apologies for the delay in responding here)...I did chat with ST to make sure the following was in alignment with their recommendations.

Assuming the Water Filter Company and Water Cleanup company have a different call center from the 3 BU's, it may be wise to create a separate tenant for each company. The price with ST should be the same moving forward, some of our clients have a separate ST tenant for each location and have them operate individually (enterprise style). I'm interested to hear how your call center(s) are handling the calls from each of the different businesses, we may find your team is either excellent at data entry or you have opportunities by isolating your audiences and marketing pro campaigns better.

A potential rollout could be:

Tenant 1: 3 BU, different locations using the "Headquarters" address as the global address

Tenant 2: Water Cleanup + Water Treatment BUs, it sounds like you may be able to keep these two in the same tenant depending on volume and outreach

Note: It may be wise to have 3 separate tenants moving forward, I'm confident on the backend you can streamline your financials from all "3" tenants without it causing hiccups for your bookkeepers too.

Aaron Watters, Leadhub