Marketing Pro- One time Email options separate automatic campaigns

lindsey_4
New Contributor II

I would love to see Marketing Pro have an easy way to send one customer one of the templates we have.  For example, we have just joined Marketing Pro. I have a live campaign for a welcome email with a specific target audience to receive the email 3 days after installation.  I have a customer who has a new system from 3 months ago (prior to Marketing Pro) and he would like to see this email, but never would as he doesn't fit the criteria.    I would love to see an easy way to click the email template and send it manually to the "one off" customers on an as needed basis without touching my live campaign.  I found a work around- I cloned my campaign and created a special tag and made an audience for just that tag which only has this specific customer on it.  It would be awesome if there was an easier way to achieve this! 

Also, I know we can view the audience as a list of people who fit a criteria, I would love to see a manual way to delete or add people in case you need to make a quick tweak for a one time campaign. 

1 REPLY 1

SGhirard
Contributor II

Welcome to the Marketing Pro Family, I love your ideas. To send one email you can send a test email to someone. We know that is not the best scenario, but tags are going to be your best friend for pulling people in and excluding them from your audiences. Please submit your idea of deleting and adding people to the audience. We appreciate your feedback.