Dynamic Pricing - Member savings

tucker2
New Contributor II

So we just were made aware from a member customer that our member savings do no show on their invoice when using dynamic pricing. It does with the conventional static pricing. This is a pretty big issue because as you know if they don't see it, the don't believe it. Some how this needs to be fixed. The system is great except for this on fact and it's BIG!!! 

4 REPLIES 4

evohvac
New Contributor II

(regraves) I was not able to figure out how to program the club member savings to ensure they are not charged overtime for nights and weekends if that is what you are referring to.

regraves
New Contributor II

Were you able to get this figured out?

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Just to confirm, is your membership discount set up on the membership type itself? I ask because dynamic pricing essentially overrides static prices from your pricebook, doesn't delete them, but static prices will be greyed out when a dynamic rule is applied to that item's category including the member price. So when using dynamic pricing you have to set member discounts up in the membership type itself instead of the pricebook, which I'd suggest doing by category/sub-category. If that's not the issue though I'd love to hear more!

Expand on your solution with step by step instructions. I guarantee my club membership customers do not pay overtime for nights and weekends excluding holidays. I need instructions on how to set up dynamic pricing and my memberships to reflect this properly.