Recurring Services for Annual Memberships

rmarchman
New Contributor III

We just purchased a new company and had to create separate memberships for the new customer base for various reasons. Our existing memberships are set up bi-annually, and the new memberships are set up annually. When I go to book a job from the Calls screen for the new members, Recurring Service Events do not pop up at the bottom as they normally do for our existing members. There are Recurring Services attached to these new memberships, but the actual Recurring Service Events are not popping up when I go to book a job. Does this have to do with the new memberships being annual versus bi-annual? Or is something else causing this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

jsoch
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

It should just be because you have that checkmarked, remove the checkmark and it will generate your first appointment. 

jsoch

If you go into the membership screen and look at the actual recurring service events, is there actually one generated for this season on that screen?

If not you may want to make sure that "first visit already completed" is not checked under the recurring service. This would make sense if the recurring service is only a one time visit per year, if it is a recurring service that has multiple visits throughout the season there may be another issue. 

rmarchman
New Contributor III

There are not recurring service events attached to the membership. There are recurring services populating for March and September 2023, but there are not recurring service events. We do have first visit already complete checked off.

jsoch

Might be misunderstanding but by "checked off" do you mean there is a checkmark or no checkmark. If there is a checkmark it tells the system to not bother generating the service because it was already done at an earlier point and only worry about generating future events.

If the box is empty and you are still having the issue, I would go into settings and double check the recurring service itself, make sure that all appropriate information is set up there. 

rmarchman
New Contributor III

Yes there is a checkmark. I've attached a screenshot of our cooling maintenance recurring service. We have this recurring service assigned to our own customers' memberships and the new business customers' memberships. The recurring service event generates for our own memberships but not the other businesses' memberships. For example, we sold a new membership of our own last week. This is a bi-annual membership. That customer already has recurring service events populating. We also sold a new membership to a customer from the new business last week. This is an annual membership. This customer does not have recurring service events populating yet. Is this because it is an annual membership and not a bi-annual membership?Screenshot 2022-10-12 084001.png