Add-on Material on Mobile

isabelle1
New Contributor II

We noticed that when we add a task on an estimate / invoice - the technicians do not see the material associated to the task that is labeled as add on. we have to go into the invoice on the office side to delete the material

4 REPLIES 4

jsaddouk
New Contributor III

While viewing the estimate or invoice, technicians can access the materials linked to that specific service by clicking on "Actions" and then selecting "Material." This will display a list of materials associated with the service, allowing them to add materials if necessary. see the recording 

Linked Materials  

Jaouad S.
Customer Support Advocate II

isabelle1
New Contributor II

So you are looking in the right screen but if you add another task but have it as an "add-on" the material associated to that "add-on task" will not show the materials associated. 

codyelli
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Would you be able to provide a screen shot from the tech side? If they are inside of the estimate that they are specifically building they can scroll to the top and tap material to see what is all hidden inside of each task. Add-on is typically just a function for giving a discount at time of service unless I am misunderstanding this completely. 

isabelle1
New Contributor II

I dont have a way of screenshotting it as i am in the office but when they switch the task from a regular to an add on it will give the discount but then the material disappears. It is shown on the office side but not the techs mobile side.