Adding a signature field to pdf forms

wshank4
New Contributor

So in the new release, ServiceTitan announced that ServiceTitan Mobile now supports signature fields added to .PDF forms using software like Adobe Acrobat. With this change, signature fields will open in a pop-out so customers can easily provide a signature. For more on this feature, please see Add a PDF form to ServiceTitan.

The Add a PDF form to ServiceTitan training is silent on how we are to add this signature field to our pdf forms. PDFEscape (at least the free version) cannot add this. Adobe Publisher will only add an e-signature block. Does anyone know how to add a signature field to a pdf form?

2 REPLIES 2

PamDuffy-PCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

HI @wshank4 - I agree with you. I do many PDF forms with form fills, and I'm not sure how this function is intended to work. I have previously used the following approaches: 

• added a blank space for signature (customer can sign using "pen" feature of PDF)
  • added a verified signature block (customer digitally signs the signature block in PDF)
  • left no signature block (customer uses ST contactless eSign feature, signature appears on a blank page at the end of PDF)

The new feature sounded like it's going to be a new merge field that we can use, or perhaps just a optimization of how the PDF viewer works on mobile.

Hey @DanielleCombs -- do you have any more info about this new feature? 

---
Pam Duffy, Powerhouse Consulting Group
ServiceTitan Certified Coach + ServiceTitan Certified Marketer + Zapier Certified Expert

Signature fields: ServiceTitan Mobile now supports signature fields added to PDF
forms using software's like Adobe Acrobat. With this change, signature fields will open
in a pop-out so customers can easily provide a signature. For more on this feature watch this video from BCN it is mentioned at the 16min mark if you want to fast forward.