ESign Estimates/Invoices and Payment links

piercekiltoff
New Contributor II

E Sign

In Mobile, click Invoice, then Sign, then  E Sign --- The E Sign document/signature never presents the ACTUAL invoice to be signed - it just sends the authorization paragraph.   This seems like a major bug - how do I get a remote signature from Mobile without being able to present the whole document?

Payment Links:

When I follow the payment link for an invoice presented in an email, it takes me to the invoice, then I click Pay Balance, then enter and amount and push Next.   After entering the card details it says "I agree to pay the above amount in accordance with my cardholder agreement.  By clicking "Submit Payment", you confirm that you accept the Terms of Service & Privacy Policy".

The Terms of Service and Privacy Policy linked are for ServiceTitan and don't have anything to do with us the service provider(s).

5 REPLIES 5

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

ahhh, I see what you're saying with worst-case scenario! Yeah, the esign acknowledgement is just that and it isn't tied into a specific estimate or invoice. I wonder if ST tracks this on the backend should we need to take this route? Glad I understand your ask from a liability standpoint now.

- Sheena

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena_Palacios

Hey @piercekiltoff so if you're trying to show the customer the invoice prior to e-signing, Click Invoice>Actions dropdown (top left)> then you will be give the options to present, edit or print the invoice. Otherwise, the customer can get a copy of the invoice emailed to them via pdf or link as I mentioned above which is after they sign. Here's a screenshot from mobile: Screenshot 2022-05-26 150422.png

Sheena @ NiFT

Sheena,

Yes I'm aware of that functionality, but that still doesn't solve the problem. When presented with an e-sign, we're assuming that the customer isn't present and that's why we're using esign - so there was no chance for the tech to present the estimate.  The customer gets an e-sign notification on their phone or email that *only* includes the authorization statement from the business unit and has no actual connection to the estimate or invoice. So we can of course send the estimate or invoice, but then the customer could dispute that that was the invoice or estimate they actually signed.

I'm planning for a worst case scenario here; we only need a signature in the event of a dispute, otherwise we're getting paid and nobody cares.  So the resultant signature process needs to be bulletproof.

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @piercekiltoff -- when techs use the esign for estimates, they can also check the box to include a pdf of the work so the customer can see all the details. They also have this ability to send a copy of the invoice and any other forms or docs via pdf electronically to customers by checking the box that allows this to be included. Regarding payment terms, are you trying to include specific terms of service as the provider? If so, you can include it on any invoice templates or saved templates created from the office side.

- Sheena : )

Sheena @ NiFT

Hi Sheena,

None of those check boxes were options when I pushed the E Sign button yesterday on my tablet. I certainly can attach the relevant estimates and invoices when I email them, but that's not the same as pushing the e-sign button.

Maybe I'm missing something? Could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about?