T&M Invoicing

jboth
New Contributor

I am wondering how others are tackling their Time & Materials invoicing.  

We are having major issues with our techs being able to properly invoice jobs due to the fact that they can't see the timesheet for that job. Worst case, they should be able to see the same Timesheet info that the office can see, but the only thing they can see is worked hours if they remember to hit the play button when they arrive. Best case, and what we thought ST would be able to do, is auto-populate the invoice with the billable hours, based on the drive time settings, worked hours, and the rate sheet. 

We can't have techs calling the office or signing into office accounts just so they can invoice a job properly. I'm hoping that I just set things up improperly and this is my bad. However, with the amount of money this product costs, I don't see how something this critical is not possible. 

3 REPLIES 3

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Are you using Client Specific Pricing?, this is for T&M, if properly set up in the back end, the techs would only need to make sure to add the materials and hit "calculate" and ST will calculate the price based on the rules you set up for the rate sheets.

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/set-up-unique-prices-with-client-specific-pricing

jboth
New Contributor

We are using this and I had to manually adjust each customer to make sure the proper rate sheet was being applied. I will have to check with a tech to see if they are using the calculate button. Out of all of the sessions or chats I've had with ST over this, the calculate button was never mentioned. 

Thank you! I hope this was the answer to all of my issues 😛 

Chayo80

Yeah, make sure your techs have the permission "Calculate prices" enabled, if not they wont see the button . Definitely if you have multiple rate-sheets, the office will need to assign the customer the sheet so ST knows which rules to apply

Chayo80_0-1685561745026.png

Chayo80_1-1685561950453.png

Hope this helps 😎🤞🏽