Customer Notifications For Unassigned Jobs

scullysp
New Contributor

I think it would be a great feature if you could toggle off customer notifications when jobs are unassigned. Unassigned jobs for us are usually when Schedule Engine has booked a job but we have not been able to get the customer on the phone to confirm with them. If you could toggle off customer notifications in this scenario, there would be no confusion for the customer thinking there appointment is confirmed, when it in-fact isn't. Make sense? 

7 REPLIES 7

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Are you wanting to have it automatically toggle off when its unassigned? You can manually toggle off customer notifications on any job. We have a job type that is "PC2S" (please call to schedule) and that job type is "excluded" in customer notifications. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

I think they are saying they want ANY job that is not assigned to not be notified. I love your PC2S job type though, that's a great idea! And then you just edit job type when they are booked?

@knorris see above- Please call to schedule job type!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

RandiThompson

Yep we just change it to "No Cool" or whatever it should be when scheduled. We also have a "Parts Needed" job type with notifications off and we do the same thing. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

I love all of this!! @JessicaSmith Let's add the - PC2S job type! This would be great to help with the AWS line notifications!!!! 

Karmen Norris
Operations Manager, Always Affordable Plumbing & HVAC

JessicaSmith

I created this!!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea- like a setting in Customer Notifications for whether or not you want them sent if a job is unassigned. Some companies want it, some don't. Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!