Configurable Payroll Question - TGL

ryan_cal
New Contributor

We pay our techs $125.00 per piece for a Tech Generated Lead. For example, if a tech flips a lead and a salesman sells a heater only. They get $125.00. If the salesman goes out and sells a full system (heater and AC) the tech gets $250.00. 

Can anyone help me set this up in configurable payroll? We have half systems broken out in the price book, if that helps anyone on the setup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

riley
New Contributor III

Hey @AtYourService - I'm so happy to hear that the video helped! Moving to your question, the reason why it is doing so is because in the screenshots you have selected the performance bonus rule. The performance bonus rule provides commission/bonus to a technician who is credited for performing work on a job. So in other words, the performance bonus rule does not automate lead setting activity.

It would however align with the installers if your goal is to provide commission for the physical installation of the unit as opposed to selling the estimate for the installation, or setting a lead for the installation.

One item we should discuss is "splits". The splits on an invoice denote the share of work performed amongst technicians. As the screenshots detail, because there is no "multiply by technician splits" inclusion, the rule will pay the amount to each technician on the job, even if they have a 0% split (!). 

If the end-goal is to always provide the lead installer with $50, the rule may not require splits because there should only be one "leading" technician on the instal crew. For the crew side earning $25, if they are to share the $25 between installers then the rule should contain another multiply by section and in that section it should multiply by technician splits. That way, only the technicians who have a share of the work performed are walking away with commission earnings. 

With all this said, I may not be on the exact same page as you so I would encourage you to discuss with your ServiceTitan contact over a meeting in more detail. Our support agents may also be in a better position to advise, although a longer setting may be more appropriate. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

riley
New Contributor III

Hey Ryan! I went ahead and recorded you a brief video that may help: https://www.loom.com/share/e939af2cc4e14fc8a0df7202591b0a33

For additional clarification, I would suggest connecting with your Success Manager on getting this setup in your account.  

AtYourService
New Contributor II

@riley   

Such an INCREDIBLE video ! Easy to follow.  I don't understand why it's so hard to find exactly this kind of video anywhere on ST's platforms.  Thank you SO much for making and posting that video.  While it was not my scenario at all - I was able to figure out where my mistake was on mine !! Such a relief ! 😅

Figured out that problem but then ran into another.  I'm HOPING you can help.

I'm setting up our configured payroll (of course LOL) and the profiles I'm setting up are simple.  (I have to get through these to set up the membership spiffs)

Sell a Unit          $100

Install a Unit     $50 / lead

$25 / team

I've created 3 profiles (one for each above) and assigned the correct techs to each profile.  When I run the "test" - it gives any tech that has been on an install (Job Type) the same Performance Bonus.  What other filter should I be using in order to have only the Lead Installer with $50 and the Install Team with $25 ? I'm guessing Technician Specific bonuses.... but not sure.  

I posted screenshots below. 

Thank you in advance for your help and thank you AGAIN for the posted video ! 🙂

Install Teams Profile - I have only the install helpers assigned to this profile 

Screenshot 2023-08-15 072452.jpg

Install Leads Profile - I have only the Lead Installer assigned to this profile

AtYourService_0-1692098903160.png

riley
New Contributor III

Hey @AtYourService - I'm so happy to hear that the video helped! Moving to your question, the reason why it is doing so is because in the screenshots you have selected the performance bonus rule. The performance bonus rule provides commission/bonus to a technician who is credited for performing work on a job. So in other words, the performance bonus rule does not automate lead setting activity.

It would however align with the installers if your goal is to provide commission for the physical installation of the unit as opposed to selling the estimate for the installation, or setting a lead for the installation.

One item we should discuss is "splits". The splits on an invoice denote the share of work performed amongst technicians. As the screenshots detail, because there is no "multiply by technician splits" inclusion, the rule will pay the amount to each technician on the job, even if they have a 0% split (!). 

If the end-goal is to always provide the lead installer with $50, the rule may not require splits because there should only be one "leading" technician on the instal crew. For the crew side earning $25, if they are to share the $25 between installers then the rule should contain another multiply by section and in that section it should multiply by technician splits. That way, only the technicians who have a share of the work performed are walking away with commission earnings. 

With all this said, I may not be on the exact same page as you so I would encourage you to discuss with your ServiceTitan contact over a meeting in more detail. Our support agents may also be in a better position to advise, although a longer setting may be more appropriate. 

I hope this helps!

AtYourService
New Contributor II

@riley 

Thank you so much for the fast response !

Yes - the goal is for the install crew to get a Performance Bonus on each install that they are on with the Lead Installer getting $50 and the install team getting $25 each.   

Thank you again for all your help !