How To Fix Unable to Cancel Payroll Tax Payments and Forms in QuickBooks

torinib357
New Contributor

I'm having trouble canceling payroll tax payments and forms in QuickBooks. Whenever I try to cancel, I receive an error or the system doesn’t seem to process the cancellation. Has anyone else faced this problem, and what steps did you take to successfully cancel these payments and forms? Any advice on preventing this issue in the future would also be helpful. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

viyir61695
New Contributor II

How to Fix "Unable to Cancel Payroll Tax Payments and Forms" in QuickBooks

If you're unable to cancel payroll tax payments and forms in QuickBooks, follow these steps:

1. Check Filing Status: Ensure the tax payment or form hasn't already been processed or sent. Once submitted, they typically can't be canceled.

2. Use the “Void” Option: If the payment hasn’t been processed, go to the Payroll Center, find the payment or form, and select Void.

3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure your QuickBooks is up to date, as older versions may have bugs preventing cancellation.

4. Check User Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to make changes to payroll items.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, contacting QuickBooks support is recommended for further assistance.

Intuit Helpline Number 1(800)-845-9666.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

viyir61695
New Contributor II

How to Fix "Unable to Cancel Payroll Tax Payments and Forms" in QuickBooks

If you're unable to cancel payroll tax payments and forms in QuickBooks, follow these steps:

1. Check Filing Status: Ensure the tax payment or form hasn't already been processed or sent. Once submitted, they typically can't be canceled.

2. Use the “Void” Option: If the payment hasn’t been processed, go to the Payroll Center, find the payment or form, and select Void.

3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure your QuickBooks is up to date, as older versions may have bugs preventing cancellation.

4. Check User Permissions: Ensure you have the necessary permissions to make changes to payroll items.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, contacting QuickBooks support is recommended for further assistance.

Intuit Helpline Number 1(800)-845-9666.png