Is there a way to make the Meal timesheet code a minimum of 30 minutes per CA law when someone starts it?

ashleyji
New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

richard_17
New Contributor III

Agreed - Colorado requires a mandatory 30 minute minimum for meal breaks, so if an EE punches back in at 28 minutes, we have to pay them for the entire break.  Would be nice if ST can have a guardrail that deters punching back in until 30 minutes have passed...  Maybe a popup message that says "You have only been punched out for XX minutes, you are required to take 30 minutes unless you are needed back at work" or something like that...  Most payroll/timecard systems already have these guards in place...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

richard_17
New Contributor III

Agreed - Colorado requires a mandatory 30 minute minimum for meal breaks, so if an EE punches back in at 28 minutes, we have to pay them for the entire break.  Would be nice if ST can have a guardrail that deters punching back in until 30 minutes have passed...  Maybe a popup message that says "You have only been punched out for XX minutes, you are required to take 30 minutes unless you are needed back at work" or something like that...  Most payroll/timecard systems already have these guards in place...

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I am not sure if there is a feature for this but in my eyes I would like to make sure it doesn't make me take my 30 minute meal break because there has been times that employees accidently click the meal button when instead they need to click a different button. This might need to be more of an employer to employee type conversation that needs to happen rather than locking them out.

If you still would like this to be a feature please post it in the ideas tab so it can get seen!