Why Can’t I Print Invoices in QuickBooks and How Do I Fix It?

comigiw849
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m having trouble printing invoices in QuickBooks. When I try to print, nothing happens or I get an error message. I’ve checked my printer settings and updated QuickBooks, but the issue persists. Has anyone experienced this issue before? What troubleshooting steps can I take to resolve it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

earicstrong
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

If you're unable to print invoices in QuickBooks, it can disrupt your workflow. Here are common reasons and solutions to resolve the issue:

What are the root causes behind the Cannot Print Invoices In QuickBooks

1. Printer Settings Issues: The default printer settings might be incorrect or misconfigured.
  2. QuickBooks Software Issues: The QuickBooks installation could be outdated or corrupted.
  3. Printer Driver Problems: Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can prevent printing.
  4. Browser or PDF Issues: If you use an integrated PDF tool for printing, issues with the PDF viewer can affect printing.

How to Resolve Cannot Print Invoices In QuickBooks :

1. Check Printer Settings:

• Ensure your printer is turned on, connected, and set as the default printer. Go to File > Printer Setup in QuickBooks and verify the correct printer is selected.
  2. Update QuickBooks:

• Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop to check for and install updates.
  3. Update Printer Drivers:

• Visit the printer manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve issues with printing invoices in QuickBooks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

earicstrong
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

If you're unable to print invoices in QuickBooks, it can disrupt your workflow. Here are common reasons and solutions to resolve the issue:

What are the root causes behind the Cannot Print Invoices In QuickBooks

1. Printer Settings Issues: The default printer settings might be incorrect or misconfigured.
  2. QuickBooks Software Issues: The QuickBooks installation could be outdated or corrupted.
  3. Printer Driver Problems: Outdated or incompatible printer drivers can prevent printing.
  4. Browser or PDF Issues: If you use an integrated PDF tool for printing, issues with the PDF viewer can affect printing.

How to Resolve Cannot Print Invoices In QuickBooks :

1. Check Printer Settings:

• Ensure your printer is turned on, connected, and set as the default printer. Go to File > Printer Setup in QuickBooks and verify the correct printer is selected.
  2. Update QuickBooks:

• Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. Go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop to check for and install updates.
  3. Update Printer Drivers:

• Visit the printer manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve issues with printing invoices in QuickBooks.