Why am I getting QuickBooks Error 80010 and how can it be fixed?

feteri8915
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error 80010 while trying to update my software. This error is preventing me from completing the update and is causing disruptions. Has anyone experienced QuickBooks Error 80010 before? What steps did you take to fix it? Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mevide6478
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Error 80010 typically occurs when there are issues with QuickBooks Desktop accessing the company file or when the file is damaged. This error might be due to incorrect permissions, file corruption, or network problems.

To fix QuickBooks Error 80010, follow these steps:

1. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that your computer is properly connected to the network. If using a network, verify that all cables are connected and the network is stable.

2. Verify Folder Permissions: Make sure that the folder containing the company file has the correct permissions. Right-click the folder, select "Properties," and check the security settings to ensure all users have read/write access.

3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you’re running the latest version of QuickBooks. Updates can fix bugs and improve functionality.

4. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair your QuickBooks installation. Download the Tool Hub from the QuickBooks website and run the “Quick Fix my Program” tool.

5. Run the File Doctor Tool: If the company file might be corrupted, use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose and repair the file. This tool is available within the QuickBooks Tool Hub.

6. Restore a Backup: If the company file is damaged beyond repair, consider restoring a recent backup of the file.

7. Check for System Issues: Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date and free of issues that might affect QuickBooks functionality.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mevide6478
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Error 80010 typically occurs when there are issues with QuickBooks Desktop accessing the company file or when the file is damaged. This error might be due to incorrect permissions, file corruption, or network problems.

To fix QuickBooks Error 80010, follow these steps:

1. Check Network Connectivity: Ensure that your computer is properly connected to the network. If using a network, verify that all cables are connected and the network is stable.

2. Verify Folder Permissions: Make sure that the folder containing the company file has the correct permissions. Right-click the folder, select "Properties," and check the security settings to ensure all users have read/write access.

3. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you’re running the latest version of QuickBooks. Updates can fix bugs and improve functionality.

4. Repair QuickBooks Installation: Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to repair your QuickBooks installation. Download the Tool Hub from the QuickBooks website and run the “Quick Fix my Program” tool.

5. Run the File Doctor Tool: If the company file might be corrupted, use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to diagnose and repair the file. This tool is available within the QuickBooks Tool Hub.

6. Restore a Backup: If the company file is damaged beyond repair, consider restoring a recent backup of the file.

7. Check for System Issues: Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date and free of issues that might affect QuickBooks functionality.

If these steps don’t resolve the issue, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png