What causes QuickBooks Error 6130 and how can I resolve it?

jack65758
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering QuickBooks Error 6130 while trying to access my company file. This issue started suddenly and has been disrupting my work. From what I understand, this error might be related to issues with the company file or network settings.

Has anyone else experienced QuickBooks Error 6130? If so, could you please share how you resolved it? Any tips on troubleshooting this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

marryjain67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 6130 typically occurs when there are issues with the company file or network settings, preventing QuickBooks from accessing the file. This error often points to a problem with file location, file damage, or network configuration.

Reasons for Error 6130:

1. File Damage: The company file might be corrupted.
  2. Network Issues: Problems with the network or server where the file is stored.
  3. Permissions Issues: Insufficient permissions to access the file.

Solutions:

1. Verify File Location:

• Ensure the company file is in the correct location and accessible.
  2. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor:

• Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair file corruption or network issues.
  3. Check Network Connectivity:

• Ensure all network connections are stable and the server is properly configured.
  4. Update QuickBooks:

• Install the latest QuickBooks updates for bug fixes and improvements.

For unresolved issues, consider contacting QuickBooks support for additional help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

marryjain67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 6130 typically occurs when there are issues with the company file or network settings, preventing QuickBooks from accessing the file. This error often points to a problem with file location, file damage, or network configuration.

Reasons for Error 6130:

1. File Damage: The company file might be corrupted.
  2. Network Issues: Problems with the network or server where the file is stored.
  3. Permissions Issues: Insufficient permissions to access the file.

Solutions:

1. Verify File Location:

• Ensure the company file is in the correct location and accessible.
  2. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor:

• Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair file corruption or network issues.
  3. Check Network Connectivity:

• Ensure all network connections are stable and the server is properly configured.
  4. Update QuickBooks:

• Install the latest QuickBooks updates for bug fixes and improvements.

For unresolved issues, consider contacting QuickBooks support for additional help.