Apply Finance Charge Screen Needs Edits

erinpbradley
Contributor

Before ServiceTitan, we processed Finance Charges in Quickbooks Desktop. We just used the "Charge Interest" feature for the first time and I have a few suggestions:

1. The field Interest Rate says 0.000. Because of this, I assumed it was already in % form. I entered .05 for 0.05%, which is our monthly rate. Instead, ServiceTitan applied a 5% interest charge & created the adjustment invoices. You should make this more clear.
  2. Because I wasn't able to preview the amounts that were going to be applied, I did not notice the wrong interest charge until all of the adjustment invoices were created. Fixing this means manually adjusting the amounts on 150+ invoices.
  3. The box that pulls up the list of invoices needs more functionality! You should be able to sort by customer name A to Z, by invoice date, or by invoice number.
  4. You should be able to apply a filter such as exclude all invoice numbers that include "FC". This is because Quickbooks creates a new invoice for each Financing Charge with invoice number FC. To avoid applying a financing charge to an existing finance charge, I have to manually uncheck any FC invoice on the ServiceTitan list - annoying!
  5. The pop up box with invoices also cuts off the table but doesn't allow me to scroll or make the box bigger, so I can't even see the invoice date.
5 REPLIES 5

NicoleMZ
New Contributor II

I will also add to this. 

I am having an issue with the charging interest process. When I am charging interest there are customers that are showing up, pre-selected as late, even though they are not due based on their payment terms. I am told by Support  that "The outstanding balance is not linked to the payment terms set on the invoice.This implies of a possible product gap, so the system is  thinking that there is a balance and not taking the payment terms into consideration. This is intended behavior at the moment."
This completely defies the purpose of the payment terms and causes quite an issue with our customers who have payment terms outside of the 30 days that are larger Commercial or Industrial customers. 

JimHubbard
New Contributor

I'll add to this, since I just discovered the same issue myself.  ST wants to apply finance charges by creating an adjustment invoice for each existing past due invoice, which includes pre-existing finance charge invoices created in QB.  What we need instead is the ability for ST to create a single new finance charge invoice based on each customer's total past due balance.

OR even better, the ability to sync transactions (both AR and AP) from QB to ST would solve a lot of issues for us.

erinpbradley
Contributor

Just posted this as my first idea! COMMUNITY-I-1833

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Voted!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

JessicaSmith

I agree this could use some big updates (like applying finance charges from the AR Management screen would make sense)! Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so we can upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions