Customer payment not aligning with Quickbooks customer file

Teresa
New Contributor

So when we loaded the first go at our customer list into ST we had some issues. So the QB file was cleaned up and when we went live the old QB file was loaded into ST. Now I have credits on payments under customer files because it did not have an invoice to match. How do I fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

jessica12388
New Contributor

I had a list of 538 customers that showed a balance owed.... 3/4 of them had payments that were not applied from our old system, but were sitting as credits on the account, some invoice dollar amounts don't match the originals in our old system, and our QB... don't even get me starteddddd lol

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

if you have too many of those, you can reach out to your onboarder and they can fix it by uploading your missing invoices, but if there's only a handful of them where  the invoice/job  is missing, then replicate the job in ST, booking in on the past, closing it and then apply the payment and bypass the export to QB. If you have the customer notification on, i would shut off the job notifications so by mistake you don't send a text to the customer.