Flat rate pricing programs

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Are any other contractors utilizing a Plumbing and/or HVAC flat rate pricing program via Service Titan? If so, which one and how has your experience been? We are currently looking for a different one. TIA!

8 REPLIES 8

cfaith
New Contributor

Hello, I signed up with PR and thought the same thing you guys did. Turns out youre paying them and youre doing all the work anyway. Got my refund and built my own book. Took about 6 months but it is complete. works really well and is in ST.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I just spoke with my boss and he would like to set up a phone meeting to discuss this. Is there a day or time that works best for you? Not sure where you are, but we are in South Dakota, so Central time zone. We would have time today if that happened to work for you. Thank you for suggesting this!

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

@Cari Klinghagen? I just had a chat with my boss about your dilemna. Truth here is, in ProfitRhino's and any other flat rate service providers' defense, I doubt they can get it even close to right to every single company. We all use different kinds of parts/brands. It's never gonna match even close to what you want.

Here's what I propose though. You say you have your hands full, have you thought of maybe paying someone to do the job of straightening it all out for you? We can help with that. Lemme know if you're interested and we can setup a meeting to go over it.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

@Cari Klinghagen? Yeah we on the other hand have someone that can spend the time and get it right (i.e., me), though it's very time consuming. To be frank, I have a very good handle at speeding mind numbingly long tasks. For example, we had to go through all our ACs, Furnaces, Air Handlers, ... to remove all dummy parts that PR put and put the actual real parts. I used a Macro recorder that recorded my screen and simply played back the macro everytime. Sped things up a bit. Good thing I got two laptops I could do two tasks at once XD But still, a major pain in the butt.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Agreed @Steve Cossette.?. We expected it to be more complete, but there just seems to be a lot of holes, especially on the HVAC side. We've added some tasks too, but that takes time that we don't really have. We are a small office staff and I'm the only CSR/Admin for about 10 techs. In addition I handle billings for 2 other locations so am spread pretty thin. Ditto for my Service & Division Managers; all plates are full. Was hoping we could find a better, more complete flat rate solution so we didn't have to put that much time fixing the one we have.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

@Cari Klinghagen? Actually, I'll be frank. When we signed up for ProfitRhino, we came under the impression that after the initial setup, we wouldn't have to do anything: Everything would just be in. Yeah. That didn't happen.

It took us nearly a year to get the pricebook to where we wanted it. We got all Rheem, Trane and York stuff in there now but we had to do around half of it all by ourselves. Heck, I just spent about a full week going through all tasks manually.

Another negative point is that initially, they were gearing up to sync with ServiceTitan. That feature, it seems, got scrapped. The options completely disappeared from the interface.

We still use it for the upsell calculations, but frankly, I'm a coder myself and I'm (albeit, slowly) coding my own solution to this.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Thanks for your input @Steve Cossette.?! We are actually using PR right now and agree with your assessment. Our techs are having trouble finding tasks & material in all sizes we typically use. It just seems like it's incomplete to us so we're checking into other options. So far, not finding much that easily in ST.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

@Cari Klinghagen? We use ProfitRhino for it's ability to calculate pricing of materials and tasks. Though they don't actually 'integrate' to ServiceTitan, they allow exporting.... kindof. I personally wouldn't really use them if you are new. We're just kind of stuck with them because of a lack of alternative options.