How to resolve QuickBooks error ps038 after recent update?

WilliamSim57496
Visitor

I keep receiving QuickBooks error PS038 when trying to update payroll. It says my payroll data can't be sent. How do I fix this issue and process my payroll without further delays?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

siyabiv718
Visitor

Hi @WilliamSim57496 

QuickBooks Error PS038 typically occurs during payroll updates, indicating a problem with the download or installation of payroll updates. This error can be caused by various issues, including incorrect internet settings, firewall restrictions, or corrupted QuickBooks files. To resolve it, first ensure your internet connection is stable. Then, check your firewall settings to allow QuickBooks access. You may also try updating QuickBooks to the latest version or rebuilding your company file. If the issue persists, consider using the QuickBooks File Doctor or contacting QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

siyabiv718
Visitor

Hi @WilliamSim57496 

QuickBooks Error PS038 typically occurs during payroll updates, indicating a problem with the download or installation of payroll updates. This error can be caused by various issues, including incorrect internet settings, firewall restrictions, or corrupted QuickBooks files. To resolve it, first ensure your internet connection is stable. Then, check your firewall settings to allow QuickBooks access. You may also try updating QuickBooks to the latest version or rebuilding your company file. If the issue persists, consider using the QuickBooks File Doctor or contacting QuickBooks support for further assistance.

QuckBooks helpsupport.png