How to separate Customer accounts

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

The situation is as follows....

We have a customer that flips houses. There are several service locations under this customer. One of their locations has been purchased and is now needing to be affiliated with a new account/home owner. Is it possible to move a service location from one Customer's Acocunt to another? And if yes, how do you go about doing this? I have tried just simply merging the location into the new customer's account, but it appears tha the customer's them selves have to be merged before you can merge a location.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Member

No problem! I'm glad it helped 🙂 I was having the same issue a while back when my coworker showed me how simple it was. I felt silly, but it wasn't what I would think to do to change it and was also overcomplicating it LOL

Former Community Member

@Sophie Boyle? I just did this and it worked perfectly! I love you !! 😄 I've been trying to figure this out and I was overcomplciating it lol. you are awsome! Thank you again 😄

Former Community Member

Additionally, make sure you remove the previous owner's info from the location file or all of the previous homeowner's phone calls will still come up under the new homeowner's file too. It'll also pop up with the new homeowner's file when the old homeowner calls if their number isn't taken off of the location page.

Former Community Member

Edit the location file that you want to change, then change the name in the "Customer" box (not "Name") from the former customer to the name of the customer you want to move the file to. Make sure the new customer file is setup first though! It'll move everything associated to the address to the new customer profile.

Alternatively, you can make a second location file under the new homeowner so the former work for the flipper is under their file still and all new work for the new homeowner is under their own file. We typically make two address locations if someone else purchased the home, otherwise all previous work will be under the new homeowner's file too. You may have a different preference though 🙂