How to shut off price on line items for specific invoices, not all of them?

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

When we make an estimate for system installs we like to add all of the items so the customer can see each thing and have the details. We don't want the customer to see the prices broken out for each item though, for several reasons. This issue continues when they get their invoice afterwards, each line item's price is listed there.

We are able to shut off the prices on the line items from the mobile side, but being that the office is the one sending invoices and finalized estimates that doesn't really help us. We have to log in to ST mobile to switch it off for each one of these and then send it to ourselves so we can send it from our computer and add the additional information we would like to include.

I know there's a backed option to have the price shut off on ALL line items, but we want the price there for most of them - just not installs. Is there any way to have the office side able to toggle the prices on and off? Is there a zap we can create that implements all of this for us automatically? This is extremely frustrating as it leads to wasted time and constantly batching and unbatching when we need to send invoices, etc.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member

Thank you for the response. We have only been using ST since March and went through this during the transition.

Someone from ST changed the look of our estimates in the first two months of us using the software. I'm going to inquire further about customizing the estimates look because if I can get any control of that it would be a simple fix I think. If I do come across an actual fix ill be sure to pass along.

Former Community Member

Yes and no, as infuriating as that is. There's an opt-in beta that you can speak with your ST contact to get setup: it lets you control for this option, but changes the way the estimates look. The way they look with the beta setting is much less professional and refined to the point that even with the option existing now we won't use it.

We still have to use the workaround that we discovered, which is a huge time sink and point of contention with ST. When sending out install invoices we have a managed user named "Office" that our manager signs into on the tablet version, assigns the job to "Office", sends the invoice to their work email account, then creates an email to the customer with the generated PDF hiding line pricing attached.

When having our project managers send the estimates, we have them do it through the mobile side so it's automatically hidden. So, so, frustrating that this option isn't available on all ends of ST.

Former Community Member

Did you ever get a solution for this? It works on my tablet but no one else in the company. When I got in touch with support they were confused how that's even possible.

We want line prices to not display when emailing estimates for installs but for service they want line prices.

Former Community Member

I'm not sure if commenting "bumps" this up, but "bump" LOL. This is getting to be a more and more frustrating issue to deal with, I'd love any possible input! 🙂

Former Community Member

Not sure if there's someone I can tag or ask about this specifically? I've replied on older threads with this same question, but never heard anything back about it there either.