I heard there are issues with Service Titan and QB online - what are the limitations and are there any major issues we should be aware of before switching to QB Online??

par_pier
New Contributor

11 REPLIES 11

nketenji
New Contributor

Hello!

I would be more than happy to assist you with the faced issue.

I will send an email and we can schedule a call, and investigate the issue to resolve it as soon as possible.

sunshine207
Contributor

Edited: Desktop

We are currently using a muli-user hosted QB. I'm not sure what you mean? 

sunshine207
Contributor

We are currently using a muli-user hosted QB. I'm not sure what you mean? 

Are you with Right Networks or Out of the Box? Most server hosted QBD can still allow for multi-user at the same time. The restriction you are referring to of having to be on single user to send invoicing would have nothing to do with ServiceTitan. This is definitely due to your server and/or QBD limitations. We have many customers that are on Right Networks or Out of the Box or other hosted servers and do not have issues with being in multi-user mode.

I am also curious why you are invoicing out of QBD instead of ST?

Our server is local. We will be invoicing through ST, but the way I understand it ....we will need to batch our invoices in ST to QB and in order to do this, the one batching needs to be in single user.  

Also, I really need to talk to someone who is knowledgeable in this. Each time I reach out, I am not getting the answers we need to run our business successfully.  And, yes, we've been utilizing every avenue of support but I just need to talk to someone who is knowledgeable. Are you able to call??

You do not need to be in single user to export most of the time. The only time you might need to be in single user is if the items you are exporting have a different general ledger account in ST than in QBD. If that is the case then ST tries to update the account in QBD and QB requires single user mode to make any changes to general ledger accounts. If you export while in multi user and it needs to update you will get an export error that says you need to be in single user so in that case you switch and finish the export. Does that make sense?

Regarding contact, I am working with the community team to get someone that can reach out. I will follow up.

sunshine207
Contributor

Thanks. BUT, only one person in our office has access to our server. AND, we will have to log off our desktop QB and log on to the server QB just to send invoices. This is counter productive. There has to be a better option. Please help!!!

So sorry but to clarify, are you using QB Online or QB Dekstop hosted on an online server?

QB Online, you should have no issues at all. QB Desktop, you can upgrade your version to allow access for more people. This is a QB restriction, not an ST restriction. Please contact Intuit (QB) for better options.