QuickBooks Stopped Calculating Employee Payroll Taxes—How Can I Fix This?

wiwef7
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m running into an issue with QuickBooks where it has suddenly stopped calculating payroll taxes for my employees. Everything was working fine until recently, and now when I process payroll, the tax amounts aren’t being calculated automatically.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

yayagec488
New Contributor II

If QuickBooks has stopped calculating employee payroll taxes, try these solutions:

1. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you're using the latest version. Updates often fix bugs and issues.
  2. Verify Payroll Settings: Check that tax rates and settings are correct. Go to "Employees" > "Payroll Center" > "Payroll Settings" to review tax tables and state/local tax information.
  3. Rebuild Data: Use the "Rebuild Data" tool to fix any data corruption issues. Go to "File" > "Utilities" > "Rebuild Data."
  4. Check Employee Info: Ensure employee details like tax withholding and exemptions are accurate.
  5. Review Tax Tables: Confirm that tax tables are up-to-date. Go to "Employees" > "Get Payroll Updates."

If issues persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
9666.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

yayagec488
New Contributor II

If QuickBooks has stopped calculating employee payroll taxes, try these solutions:

1. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you're using the latest version. Updates often fix bugs and issues.
  2. Verify Payroll Settings: Check that tax rates and settings are correct. Go to "Employees" > "Payroll Center" > "Payroll Settings" to review tax tables and state/local tax information.
  3. Rebuild Data: Use the "Rebuild Data" tool to fix any data corruption issues. Go to "File" > "Utilities" > "Rebuild Data."
  4. Check Employee Info: Ensure employee details like tax withholding and exemptions are accurate.
  5. Review Tax Tables: Confirm that tax tables are up-to-date. Go to "Employees" > "Get Payroll Updates."

If issues persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.
9666.png