Quickbook Desktop going away

tyl9162
New Contributor II

It my understanding that QB desktop will be going away and everything will transition to QB online.  We are currently a QB Enterprise with advanced inventory user so we can do inventory in ST and that is what we were told we needed when onboarding.  Does anyone know if QB online will be able to function with inventory in ST? Do we need to look at Intacct and does it work as well with inventory? TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Also, I think this is just for the 2019 Version of QB Desktop. If you upgrade to QB 2020 you should be fine for a few more years... 

View solution in original post

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Intuit is only ending support for QB Desktop 2019, not QB Desktop altogether. Users on 2019 will just need to upgrade to the 2020 version or later. This blog post from ServiceTitan partner Out Of The Box Technology lays it out more clearly than Intuit's own messaging, IMO https://servicetitan.outoftheboxtechnology.com/quickbooks-2019-discontinuation-may-31-2022/

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Intuit is only ending support for QB Desktop 2019, not QB Desktop altogether. Users on 2019 will just need to upgrade to the 2020 version or later. This blog post from ServiceTitan partner Out Of The Box Technology lays it out more clearly than Intuit's own messaging, IMO https://servicetitan.outoftheboxtechnology.com/quickbooks-2019-discontinuation-may-31-2022/

tyl9162
New Contributor II

Thanks BCN! Was told by two QB online 3rd party providers that it is going away but not digging seeing that is no the case, thanks for the update and link. 

furnacem
New Contributor II

Tyler,

I use QB online for my property LLC and its completely different animal. way less comprehensive. I think that the only way it can really reasonably be used with QB online and INVENTORY is if the avg cost in ST becomes reliable and ST sends over dollar amounts to QB for reconciling instead of item QTYs. this would actually make things way simpler with a lot fewer export errors. Problem is ST inventory avg cost must become reliable, and need to be able to do inventory maintenance things like adjust avg cost and such. 

wch_alex

I am also very very worried about this. I believe QB E will still be around just no support for it???? I am not 100% sure but I know it is something we will have to work around in the future... Mark your calendars for chaos because as of right now it isn't going to be a fun time on 31 January 2023...

For anyone using QB Online right now with inventory, can we get a little bit of insight of how things work?

wch_alex

Also, I think this is just for the 2019 Version of QB Desktop. If you upgrade to QB 2020 you should be fine for a few more years... 

furnacem
New Contributor II

We just upgraded to QB2022 desktop enterprise. so there is that.