Trying to Understand the Customer Payments and Bank Deposits in Accounting

KBlank87
New Contributor II

Hello! I am trying to make sense of the Customer Payments and Bank Deposit tabs. We have an accountant who manually enters the payments into Quick Books and the appropriate Service Titan invoices, so jobs are being marked as paid. We don't do anything with the bank deposits page. Recently, I've started grouping all the deposits by dates when I did them to organize our records. What confuses me is the accounting page under customer payments says there is over $100K in undeposited funds. I know that's not true because it is deposited in Quick Books. If I deposit them in Service Titan will it mess up my books? Or make it look like I deposited twice?

Overall, I want Quick Books and Service Titan to match up, which I believe they do I will have to double check. If it isn't a big deal to "deposit" the customer payments I guess I can ignore it. It just looks weird seeing such a large amount of money "not deposited".

If you have any advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TheChickenLady
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

If you are exporting from ST to QB, the payments hit undeposited funds in QB and you make your deposit there to match up with your bank rec.  

View solution in original post

I just mark the deposit in ST deposited when I deposit it in QB. All the payments that gets exported over will go to undeposited funds in QB, and that's how I match them up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TheChickenLady

If you are exporting from ST to QB, the payments hit undeposited funds in QB and you make your deposit there to match up with your bank rec.  

Martinlogan9
Contributor II

Do you batch and export to QB from ST?

We batch and export the invoices to QB from ST

I just mark the deposit in ST deposited when I deposit it in QB. All the payments that gets exported over will go to undeposited funds in QB, and that's how I match them up.