We are ST newbies - came over end of April from FieldEdge. Love most things about ST, but syncing to QB online has been a nightmare due to the exported invoices being "locked" for editing after being exported. Is this causing problems for anyone else?

summer_t
New Contributor II

6 REPLIES 6

summer_t
New Contributor II

@Steven Garcia? - Thank you! How were you able to get set up for this? Our CSR says it isn't possible. Thanks!

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

We have that configuration @Kathy Nielsen? mentioned but restrict it's access so that any changes can be managed in both ST and QB. Initially we had too many people able to make those changes. Can still be frustrating though.

summer_t
New Contributor II

Thank you, @Kathy Nielsen? . How did you get set up to be able to do this? We asked about this capability and were told it didn't exist.

We are used to making the edit in QBO manually; that would not be a problem.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

You can have a config turned on to be able to edit exported invoices then give permission to only those that should be able to. with QBO you will then need to make the same edit in QBO. It will not automatically make the edit.

summer_t
New Contributor II

Yeeesssss. Our frustrations exactly. We have spend literal hours on this. Also, the adjustment invoices look very unprofessional - it's like creating a neon sign telling our customer we messed up on their invoice. And it is confusing to them; I had a customer call us after receiving an adjusted invoice and they were very confused at what they were looking at.

I have been told it is set up this way to prevent discrepancies between ST and QB, but it has had the opposite effect for us - it has created a lot of discrepancies.

skinder
New Contributor

Yes, I posted an Idea for them to make exporting more automated and at the same time allowing us to edit invoices and payments after they are exported the first time. Each time ST is synced/Export done everything in QB should update. We came over from Service Fusion and we were able to do that in that software.

With ST you have to do an adjustment invoice to make the edit or adjustment. With correction payments you either have to add a credit/payment or do both an adjustment invoice and add a payment. It is very time consuming and frustrating.