What are the steps for moving a credit over and applying a payment ?

ronni_s
New Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DiamondK1
Contributor

We created an "Open Credit" payment type I use to move a credit from one invoice to another on a clients account. You have to apply a negative payment using the "Open Credit" payment to the invoice with the credit... and then a positive payment (also utilizing the Open Credit payment type) to the invoice you want to apply the credit to. This balances the account.

We export to QuickBooks so I have to track these entries and NOT allow them to export to QuickBooks (if they sneak by I have to delete them from QuickBooks) and then manually apply the credit in QuickBooks. It's tedious but it is the only option to keep everything clean and accurate at this time.

Kristen Johnson - Office Manager - Diamond Heating Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

Sounds like the same thing we do, except we named ours "Transfer Payment". Hope everyone is doing well.

DiamondK1
Contributor

Works for me. Have a fabulous weekend!

ronni_s
New Contributor
I will reach out to you Monday, if that will work for you.

DiamondK1
Contributor

You can call our office at 208-378-6624. If you plan to call today though give me about an hour before you call. We are short staffed at the moment (aren't we all) so I am backing up the front office staff at the moment to help with calls coming in.

ronni_s
New Contributor
Thanks, so much Kristen for the the information. Would it be possible for you to give me your phone number, I have a few more questions. Thanks, Ronni

DiamondK1
Contributor

We created an "Open Credit" payment type I use to move a credit from one invoice to another on a clients account. You have to apply a negative payment using the "Open Credit" payment to the invoice with the credit... and then a positive payment (also utilizing the Open Credit payment type) to the invoice you want to apply the credit to. This balances the account.

We export to QuickBooks so I have to track these entries and NOT allow them to export to QuickBooks (if they sneak by I have to delete them from QuickBooks) and then manually apply the credit in QuickBooks. It's tedious but it is the only option to keep everything clean and accurate at this time.