What should I do if my QB Payroll won’t update?

tixaf35267
New Contributor

Hi all, I’m having trouble updating QuickBooks Payroll. The update process either fails or stalls, and I’m not sure how to resolve it. I’ve tried restarting QuickBooks and checking my internet connection, but the issue persists. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any advice or solutions to get QuickBooks Payroll to update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jinid57986
New Contributor II

If your QB Payroll won’t update, follow these steps:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure you have a stable and reliable internet connection.
  2. Restart QB: Close and reopen QB to clear any temporary glitches.
  3. Update QB: Go to Help > Update QB Desktop to ensure you have the latest version.
  4. Verify Payroll Subscription: Confirm your payroll subscription is active by checking in QB’s payroll settings.
  5. Clear Cache: For QB Desktop, use the cache-clearing tool; for QB Online, clear your browser cache.
  6. Manually Update Payroll: Navigate to Employees > Get Payroll Updates and follow the prompts.

If the issue persists, contact QB Support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jinid57986
New Contributor II

If your QB Payroll won’t update, follow these steps:

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure you have a stable and reliable internet connection.
  2. Restart QB: Close and reopen QB to clear any temporary glitches.
  3. Update QB: Go to Help > Update QB Desktop to ensure you have the latest version.
  4. Verify Payroll Subscription: Confirm your payroll subscription is active by checking in QB’s payroll settings.
  5. Clear Cache: For QB Desktop, use the cache-clearing tool; for QB Online, clear your browser cache.
  6. Manually Update Payroll: Navigate to Employees > Get Payroll Updates and follow the prompts.

If the issue persists, contact QB Support for further assistance.

QuickBooks Help.png