Why am I unable to change the company name in QuickBooks, and how do I fix it?

dosede4364
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm trying to change my company name in QuickBooks, but every time I update it, the changes don't save. I've checked my company info settings multiple times and even tried restarting QuickBooks, but nothing works. Any advice or troubleshooting tips? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gevewo3041
New Contributor II

Intuit Helpline Number +1(800)-845-9666.png

If you can't change your company name in QuickBooks, it could be due to insufficient user permissions or a locked company file. To fix it, log in as the admin, ensure the company file is not in use by other users, and update permissions if needed. Then, go to "Company" in the menu, select "My Company," and update the name in the "Company Information" section. Save changes to finalize it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

gevewo3041
New Contributor II

Intuit Helpline Number +1(800)-845-9666.png

If you can't change your company name in QuickBooks, it could be due to insufficient user permissions or a locked company file. To fix it, log in as the admin, ensure the company file is not in use by other users, and update permissions if needed. Then, go to "Company" in the menu, select "My Company," and update the name in the "Company Information" section. Save changes to finalize it.