Wrong Customer

Vgarrison
New Contributor

My tech applied a payment on the wrong customer, how can I move it?

4 REPLIES 4

ADixon
New Contributor

Since the payment is already applied and exported we cannot undo.

We did an Invoice Adjustment reflecting the payment applied to the wrong customer. (+100.00) (We added all details like Check number; payment date), then another invoice adjustment to the right customer (-100.00), again with all the details that must be the same for both.

Doing a different way will create a liability that will be difficult to solve, therefor we prefer this way.

Hope this help.

Thank you

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

If it has not been exported, you can delete it and apply it to the right customer. I would make a note on the job history as to why you deleted it. If it was made by credit card, just copy the Auth Code and paste it to the right customer payment screen but don't recharge or credit anything.

Roman
Contributor II

Hello @Vgarrison,

You cannot move payment between customers, however you can create a refund record (without actually refunding) on the wrong invoice, and apply a payment without charging on the correct invoice.

ADixon
New Contributor

Hi Roman,

If I do the refund for the wrong customer, then apply the payment to right customer/invoice, then batch both together it will solve the problem?

What will happens in the accounting software (Sage)?