Paid Meal Breaks

cfogle
New Contributor

I think it would be super beneficial to have the option to easily make the built-in meal breaks either unpaid (which is the default currently) or paid (which doesn't seem to be an option right now without implementing some weird workaround), like we have for commute time/idle time/etc. We normally pay our techs for their meal breaks, and we'd like to continue to do so without having to use some complicated workaround for the system.

3 REPLIES 3

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @cfogle -- I like that idea, instead of deactivating the timesheet code and creating a new "type" in order to make it paid. But I think it's because they types are locked down to prevent any payroll errors.

Sheena @ NiFT

I don't even have the option to deactivate the auto-created meal code. It would just be nice to be able to have the option to easily select paid meals as opposed to defaulting to unpaid and just not having a choice.

Sheena_Palacios

I agree, it would be much more simplistic. And the reason you're not able to deactivate the default code is likely due to your permissions setting. These are deactivatable : )

Sheena @ NiFT