splitting exported invoice into two invoices

Jodi
New Contributor II

We have been asked by a few good customers to split an invoice into two separate invoices AFTER they have received it in the mail (this is not unusual for these customers). We always get clarification when the job is booked as to who is responsible for payment. In this case, either the customer is paying part of the invoice and someone else is paying the other half,  or they are paying the invoice out of two different accounts. Either way, we are able to split the invoice in QuickBooks but not ServiceTitan. Now, this invoice has one invoice number in ST and two invoice numbers in QB. The confusion gets better when a payment gets applied. I might add that we are billing out of QB because no one can help set up our invoicing template in ST.   

Any suggestions on how to handle this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

Another option, if they are fast payers, is to do it in the "Next" environment. We have done that before. We can make the invoice number whatever we want in there, then when the invoices are done, we just save them to the job in the actual account, so that if they ever need another copy, we won't have to do it again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

Another option, if they are fast payers, is to do it in the "Next" environment. We have done that before. We can make the invoice number whatever we want in there, then when the invoices are done, we just save them to the job in the actual account, so that if they ever need another copy, we won't have to do it again. 

Jodi
New Contributor II

Thank you for the idea. I'll pass this along too!

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You can achieve this by doing adjustment invoices... there are a couple of ways. I'm assuming the invoice is exported, if you have the permission to edit an invoice after its exported, I would adjust the total on the original save and sync to QB, then create an adjustment invoice with the remaining balance and a description of why, then batch, post & export. OR you can do a negative adjustment invoice to clear the balance and 2 positive adjustment invoices to create the 2 positive amounts then just email/mail the individual adjustment invoices, batch, post & export all.  

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

Jodi
New Contributor II

Thank you. I believe they are unable to edit the invoice after it's been exported.  This is something I'll look into for that department.