What do you do for payment receipts?

erinpbradley
Contributor

Curious to hear anyone else's solution to payment receipts, especially for credit card payments.

Our challenge: There currently is not a feature to print payment receipts. You can print an invoice, which shows applied payments at the bottom, but there's two issues with that.

1) If a customer has paid multiple invoices in one payment (happens quite often!), there's no way to provide a receipt proving to them their payment amount. We have to print out each invoice and total the payments with a calculator and print a little calculator slip on top (old school, I know).

2) Credit card payments made in person should require customers to sign the payment. Legally, we should be keeping this for our record and the customer should get a copy of their own. Customers find it really sketchy when I tell them there's nothing for them to sign.

I added credit card receipts as an idea here: COMMUNITY-I-1836

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

In the office, you can log into ST Payments and print a copy of the CC receipt. It still will not have their signature, but it will have all of the other information that a typical CC receipt has. Partial card number, date, authorization number. You can print it or email it from that site. I don't have to use it that often, but when I do, it is all I need for them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ckellytac
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We Handel it the same way as @dwhite45 described it above.   We have this situation pretty frequently as we build plenums and duct for several other HVAC contractors in our area and they will come in to pick up and pay for multiple invoices at once.  We haven’t had any push back doing it this way,

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

In the office, you can log into ST Payments and print a copy of the CC receipt. It still will not have their signature, but it will have all of the other information that a typical CC receipt has. Partial card number, date, authorization number. You can print it or email it from that site. I don't have to use it that often, but when I do, it is all I need for them.

Thank you so much! I did not know we have a separate login to ServiceTitan Payments. Do you have the login link handy? I'm searching the Knowledge Base, but haven't found it yet.

JessicaSmith

You'll need to ask the payment support team for your log in info. Email paymentsupport@servicetitan.com

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

AdamCronenberg

We get the payment on site with the customer and even if it is a $0 invoice and there payment is just a deposit, we will have the customer sign and then send them a copy of that blank invoice (which includes their signature) with the payment.  We then move the payment to the future job invoice but they have that record if they so desire.  We turned off the feature on payment collections that automoved overpayments to the customer profile so we could send the customer their copy of this "deposit Invoice".  

Typically, our customers that would pay more than one invoice at a time are more sophisticated and are not as concerned about it as long as the totals are there.  You can also send them an updated customer statement after you apply a payment to multiple invoices.  Hope that helps.

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

I have the customer sign the invoice when they pay in person.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions