How can you include manufacturers' and utility rebates into the estimate without it changing the initial purchase price? IE: Initial investment is $10K / total investment after incentives is $9.5K.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

waynewhi
New Contributor II

Create a Payment Type in settings. You'll have to do a separate payment type for each vendor that you get rebates from. For Trane, create a payment type labeled Trane Rebates. Set it as a Journal Entry with no attributes. Create an income account in your accounting software called Trane Rebates and set the account for the payment type to match that income account. When selling a product with a rebate, there will be no line item on the invoice. You will simply process a payment in the amount of the rebate.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

waynewhi
New Contributor II

Create a Payment Type in settings. You'll have to do a separate payment type for each vendor that you get rebates from. For Trane, create a payment type labeled Trane Rebates. Set it as a Journal Entry with no attributes. Create an income account in your accounting software called Trane Rebates and set the account for the payment type to match that income account. When selling a product with a rebate, there will be no line item on the invoice. You will simply process a payment in the amount of the rebate.

joywilke
New Contributor III

This worked great for me.  Thank you. 

ronbjr
New Contributor

I have asked about this multiple times as well. No help from ST. This is a huge flaw in my opinion.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

Yeah, that was the ONLY option we came up with. Our ST 'success' team was zero help with the issue.

travis_m
New Contributor

I have the same question. Did you ever figure it out? I'd like to know what you did. I figured that I would create a "task" called "Rebates" leave it at zero. when you select the "rebate" task when building an estimate you can describe the rebate on the estimate task.. it won't show the end result total investment for the customer, but will at least show the rebate expectation. Thoughts?