Keep track of sub contractors

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I apologize if it has been asked already but:

What are your workarounds for sub contractors? We will hire on sub contractors who do not use ST. (Either they aren't techy or sometimes we want to try them out and see how they are before paying for them to have ST accounts). What is the best way to keep track of their jobs?

Currently, I make a note on the customer's ST file detailing anytime a sub goes there. Or when we get to the stage where the sub has a ST account (but they do not use it) I will book in the job on the sub AND on a managed tech then just turn off job notifications and make a note in the job summary that only the sub is going to this job so the managed tech only has to worry about closing out of it after. I also created a Numbers chart now to keep track of the jobs our subs are working on and shared it with other office staff so we all have access to it.

I'd love to hear your suggestions or workarounds for how you keep track of this please! Anything to make my life easier haha. 🙏 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
2 REPLIES 2

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Are you not tracking inventory? We book a job assign it to a dummy tech, add all the materials and add a PO for the sub labor and complete the job. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

We are tracking inventory now but we do not have a "dummy tech" set up.

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling