Service Work Invoices vs Project Work Estimates

matthall
New Contributor

Wondering if there is a way to provide an estimate to a customer that doesnt show all the materials used, shows maybe a material cost (like a total of materials) but still has the actual quantities of materials used so that we know for inventory purposes, what went out. This doesnt matter so much for the service work invoices. This is specifically for the bigger projects that require estimates ahead of time.

3 REPLIES 3

dorobcp
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@matthall Sorry I didn't see your questiopn earlier. Yes, as long as you have the chargeable materials config turned on (you will know if you have the Price option in materials in your PB), then a tech can choose to charge. 

Here's an article for both you and @e_dunn  https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/charge-materials

matthall
New Contributor

I kind of found a solution to this but Im not sure yet if its workable from the technician side on the tablets. 

To mark materials as "Chargeable" or not. So for example we could say an estimate is $800 regardless of material (obviously we know we are charging more than enough to cover the expenses of the materials), customer has an estimate number to say yay or nay to and we on the inventory side can still see all the materials used. What I dont know now is if a technician building an estimate on the tablet can mark individual materials as 'chargeable' or not.

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @matthall - congrats on your first post! 🎉

Great question! @krista-gac or @dorobcp - would you have any suggestions for @matthall ?