waiving dispatch fees

MartyJet
New Contributor

Is there a way to add a minimum charge to my estimate templates, separate from the dispatch fee? Currently, my CSR informs clients that there is a $98 fee for showing up and providing an estimate, which is waived if the estimate is accepted. However, some estimates, like for replacing a flapper, are very small—only $130.32. How can I create a rule that ensures each estimate has a minimum charge?

2 REPLIES 2

lcody
New Contributor III

we have a task set up called Diagnostic Service and the description is what it is  - For Example Diagnotic Service is $98 - charge the diagnostic - 1098P or 1098H for Plumbing Service or HVAC Service - when the tech writes the estimate and if the customer moves forward waive the fee there under Discounts and Fees and create a code W98 - description Waive Diagnostic Service and deduct from the actual estimate. If you waive and the customer changes their mind, you will never collect the diagnostic. 

JaclynR23
New Contributor III

Yes, you can set it up that a charge is added every time you book the estimate by adding default services to your job types. You can do this under settings- job type- select estimates (or whatever you call the job)- default services at the top- select the charge you want to show on every invoice- add- save. 

As you can see from the picture below, I have a $92 charge that is added to every heating issue job that I book. 

Capture.PNG