Memberships

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I might be missing something super simple here, but my mind is drawing a blank.  We waive our dispatch/diagnostics fee for memberships...on our job types we automatically have these services attached to our repair jobs.  How do we make it so that these fees don't show up on these jobs without creating a brand new job type for members and without having to manually remove them from the jobs?  We don't want to have the "membership discounts allowed" on the services as these are still charged on the initial call where a membership is sold.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning
2 REPLIES 2

dorobcp
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@MirandaMel 

1. what I found works best in these instances is to have an item in the price book called membership discount and have the price of that item be negative the amount of the dispatch fee and add that to those invoices manually.
  2. Systematically there isn't anything to do to remove it, based on the fact that a customer is a member.
  3. Also, if you have the membership price be zero, it will not be zero
  4. the alternative is if the dispatch item is in a category within the price book by itself, you could set the discount on the membership for that category to be 100%.

LBabayan

Hi @MirandaMel

Apologies for not catching your post earlier. Great question, let's see if one of our Membership experts @dorobcp can weigh in. Dorothy, have you worked with or have suggestions for using membership discounts?